This year has certainly thrown a curve ball to many businesses, however with a strategy, some mindset work and determination, all is not lost and there is still time to end the year on a high. Many businesses have been able to thrive this year due to having the right mindset and staying focused on their goals. In this blog, I share 5 things you can do to ensure you thrive, not just survive.
- Show up consistently on social media. I would recommend doing 2 social media platforms really well, rather than spreading yourself too thin to be on all of them. I believe there are 2 main angles when it comes to social media. The first, let your audience get to know, like and trust you. This is through sharing your story, testimonials, what makes you different and by being truly authentic. The second, is by sharing valuable content. This is particularly important for service based businesses, who are able to educate their audience through informative tips, posts and videos.
- Think about your ideal clients – what might hold them back from purchasing your products or services? Is it that they don’t know if you’re right for the job? Is it that they’re not sure if you’ve done something like their project before. Maybe they fear you’ll be too busy or expensive? Try to think of 10 things that might hold someone back, then create content in the form of social media posts and blogs around it.
- Time for a website refresh? Is your website up to date and current? Is it still aligned with your offering, bearing in mind you might have pivoted in some way this year? Make sure that your website is a true reflection of your offering – people are shopping and searching online more than ever, so don’t miss your time to shine. If you don’t yet have an online presence, it might be time to consider it. I highly recommend my super web designers and all round tech wizards Black Nova Designs for all website design and IT support.
- Have the right mindset. Sounds silly but it really does make the world of difference. The way your mind works is that what you believe is what you achieve. So what story are you telling yourself? What are you choosing to believe? Do you believe all the scarcity you see in the news? Do you believe you can’t have the success that someone else has because ‘its alright for them but not for you?’ Take control of those thoughts!
- Lastly, what are you focusing on? Are you focusing on not failing? Or are you focusing on succeeding? There’s a whooping great difference! Also, where your focus goes, energy flows, so make sure your focus is on succeeding and knowing you can do it. Because you can!
Theres still time to end on a high – let’s do this! For more tips, ideas and trainings head to instagram.com/tarapuntercoaching or check out my podcast, Tara Talks, available on all podcast streaming platforms.